Thursday, August 7, 2008

Top 20

Today is a lazy day for me as I enjoy some relative peace and quiet at my parents' house. Cupcake is napping and Brownie is playing beside me. I'm reading my new Real Simple magazine and choosing not to feel guilty about it. This month's question was: "What are the top-three things on your lifelong to-do list?" It got me thinking, "What are my top-three things?" Well, brevity is not my strong suit so I came up with 20 (in no particular order.)

1. Become fluent in French

2. Live abroad
3. Write a book (which presupposes that I have something meaningful to say and that others actually care about what I have to say...)

4. Run a marathon
5. Organize every square inch of my home
6. Have all my favorite photos scapbooked and documented
7. Make it to my 50th wedding anniversary
8. Travel cross country in an RV with my husband and kids for the summer, stopping at historic sites and kitschy tourist traps

9. Go to New York with my daughter to see Broadway shows

10. Take dance lessons: Ballroom, Swing, & Hip-Hop
11. Travel the world
12. Get my nose pierced
13. Sing a duet with Bono

14. Learn to sew
15. Take photography classes
16. Read ALL the hundreds of books on my "to read" list
17. Do short-term missions work with my husband and children
18. Hang-glide
19. Successfully educate my children
20. Live on the ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin