Monday, July 20, 2009

Framed {Part 1}



I get all project-y in the summer. It's the time when I think I'll get all that stuff done that never happens during the rest of the year. Sadly, I have been anything but productive and it's nearing the end of July. 

But I did complete a project last week that was quick and easy and has left me feeling all satisfied... 

I framed some pictures. {Applause please.} 
The beautiful faces of the people and places I love most 
are the best kind of art to me.
Why am I blogging about something that everyone already knows how to do? Because most of us don't take the time to do it. Here's my challenge to you:

Pull those precious faces out of hard-drive hiding 
and onto your walls, where you can enjoy them every day.

I am slack about many things but when I got my gift camera I vowed to enjoy my photos. To print them and frame them and give them as gifts. 

I took inventory of my existing frames and the photo sizes I'd need to fill them. I chose my favorite photos and made them black and white. I uploaded them to walmart.com so I could pick them up that afternoon. {I like the matte finish I get with their one-hour service.}

I did print these 3 in color. Love them. Still finding the right place to hang them.


While at Wal-Mart I spotted some black wooden 8  X 10 frames with nice 5 X 7 mats included...for $3! 

These are my sister's cutie-pie kiddos. I snapped some close-ups of their faces while visiting them this summer. I was able to surprise her with these framed photos last week. 
{Yes, those are $3 Wal-Mart frames and they even have metal hooks for hanging on the back.}

One of my photo walls. Are you sick of seeing this wall yet?


New additions to the photo wall...




Haven't hung these yet so for now they're propped...


Now if I could only get them organized and in photo albums so easily. 
............................................

Stay tuned for another framing project later this week.

Oh, and thanks to all who gave me nifty recipes for homemade cleaners last week!

3 comments:

  1. May just have to hie on over to Wal-Mart (as much as I despise the place) to get some of those frames. They look particulartly fetching with the black and white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian, I made the home made cleaner and disinfectant after ordering the magazine you talked about when making your laundry detergent. It's working great. I love the magazine. Also, I'm now doing a friend's laundry for 3.00 per load to make some extra money.
    Julie
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/juliestew

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your photo wall! I am quite partial to black & white pics in black frames :) I'm also new to your blog...very nice; I'll definitely be back!

    Happy Sunday!
    ~Michelle
    (Treasure the Moment)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin