Saturday, October 8, 2011

{Day 8} A Song About Really Living




My mom called Thursday morning to tell me about a song she'd heard and how it reminded her of me and of my story. She thought it would be perfect for me to listen to in light of this 31 Days to Real series.


I love Sara Groves and I'd heard this song on Pandora but had never really listened to the words that carefully.

Well, if I had to choose an autobiographical song, this would certainly be at the top of the list.


It's about the difference between living and really living. 


Maybe you can relate.


In the remaining 24 days we have together, I'll share some about my own journey from living to really living. I hope you'll come with me.


I thought this song would be the perfect segue from week one to week two of my series.


Click here to listen to Sara Groves's I Just Showed Up for My Own Life. 


{Just minimize the mp3 screen and you can you can read her amazingly awesome lyrics while you listen.}



Spending my time sleep walking
Moving my mouth but not saying a thing
Hoping the changes would take by working their way from the outside in
I was in love with an idea
Preoccupied with how a life should appear
Spending my time at the surface repairing the holes in the shiny veneer


There are so many ways to hide
There are so many ways not to feel
There are so many ways to deny what is real


And I just showed up for my own life
And I'm standing here taking it in and it sure looks bright


I'm going to live my life inspired
Look for the holy in the common place
Open the windows and feel all that's honest and real until I'm truly amazed
I'm going to feel all my emotions
I'm going to look you in the eyes
I'm going to listen and hear until it's finally clear and it changes our lives


There are so many ways to hide
There are so many ways not to feel
There are so many ways to deny what is real


And I just showed up for my own life
And I'm standing here taking it in and it sure looks bright


Oh the glory of God is man fully alive
Oh the glory of God is man fully alive


There are so many ways to hide
There are so many ways not to feel
There are so many ways to deny what is real


And I just showed up for my own life
And I'm standing here taking it in and it sure looks bright




{Click on the button for the list of all the days 
& topics thus far.}

1 comment:

  1. I love the song. Wow. Why have I never heard of her or the song? Love, love, love it!
    From a 31 Dayer
    julie

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin